Here are various documentaries, books, and other entrepreneurship-related media recommended by Claremont entrepreneurs and faculty. If you have a suggestion to add, please feel free to reach out to the CIE Student Leadership team.
Startup & Tech News
- Drucker, Peter F. Innovation and Entrepreneurship (New York: Harper, 1985).
- Eric Ries The Lean Startup (New York: Crown Business, 2011).
- Eric Schmidt and Jonathan Rosenberg, with Alan Eagle How Google Works (New York: Grand Central Publishing, 2014).
- Ray Dalio’s Principles
- Technology Ventures: From Idea to Enterprise by Byers, Dorf and Nelson
Videos & Podcasts
- “How do you evaluate and encourage startups?” by Steven N. Kaplan, CMC Athenaeum
- YCombinator YouTube Channel
- Resources include advice from YC’s CEO, previously co-founder of Twitch.tv, and other YCombinator partners
- “The Biggest Mistakes First-Time Founders Make” by Michael Seibel
- “Growth for Startups” by Gustaf Alstromer
- Bloomberg Podcasts
- Bloomberg offers a variety of well-produced podcasts regarding entrepreneurship and the global economy
- How I Built This with Guy Raz, NPR
- Masters of Scale with Reid Hoffman
External Entrepreneurship Programs
- Harvard Business School Resources
- This website has numerous world-class videos and books for learning more about entrepreneurship, in addition to engaging case studies and articles on current events in business.
- Stanford d.School
- Stanford’s Design School provides numerous free resources on idea generation, including self-guided coursework and reading. Their content is extremely insightful and recommended for anyone wanting to learn how to design a product.